Still a bit achy from my day in Chesire, but I braved the drop in temperature to go to the Harrogate Flower Show, my favourite excursion in spring. I did not know they were building a new Hall and the plants had been moved into a marquee, but the lighting was far better, so better photos. Despite the hail and freezing weather, I had a wonderful day.
You too can have a super day at the show, tomorrow is the final day. If you can't get there this spring, the autumn show is fantastic too and there's always next year.
The displays took my breath away this year from the Fritillaria and Cypripedium on Jacques Amand's stand, to Taylor's Clematis, Dibley's Streptocarpus and so many more. Some plants were definitely must-haves, so I have made a list of most of those here. They are not in order
1. Hippeastrum (Amaryllis) Blossom Quinn from Warmenhoven
2. Petunia Black Knight from Iddon's
3. Cypripedium from Jacques Amand
4. Heuchera Sweet Tea, I thought this was the best, a few nurseries were showing it
5. Incredible Erysimum I had not seen before, being sold by a few nurseries including Hardy's, this one is Red Jep
6. Breathtaking Clematis Pink Champagne from Taylor's
7. Muscari Bling Bling again sold by three nurseries
8. Primula 'Slack Top' from the nursery of the same name
9. Pelargonium (need to decipher the name, sorry)
10. Streptocarpus from Dibley's
11. Iris sold by two nurseries and just unimaginably beautiful greenish and faded denim
12. This amazing bonsai of Acer
Words, work and images copyright Karen Platt 2016